There are some projects that start out as one thing and then seem to morph into something else all together.
This was one of those.
A still from On Wrecker's Ball, Digital Pepper's Ghost Installation.
Trish (Patricia Cain) first approached me, by email, around the end of August 2010. She had used a 3D drawing tool developed by John Stell of Leeds University, that allowed gestural drawings to be created using a tracked 3D mouse, a project that unfortunately, had since been discontinued, and she had thoughts of doing something similar for her Kelvingrove exhibition that would open in April 2011.
Ever wanted wanted to use your iPod to replace a computer as a constant replay device, or just to have it play a looping video? If so, you will have found that none of the existing video apps will play a looping video. But, if you have been to an Apple store you will have seen iPods playing a looping video. So how do you do that....
Warning, before you do this, back up your iPod as you will be changing settings that will change your syncing settings. This has been tried and works on an iPod Classic.
1) In iTunes Summary window for your iPod, tick enable disk use on your iPod.
2) From finder create a folder on your iPod called "Demo Mode"
3) in iTunes name a video "Demo" and sync it to your movies section.
4) Unmount your iPod in iTunes, but keep it plugged in so its is powered... and wait for two minutes.... if all goes according to plan you should then have a looping video.
Sixty Symbols is a collaboration between The University of Nottingham School of Physics and Astronomy and video journalist Brady Haran.
More about the project can be found at http://www.sixtysymbols.com/
Film: 21st Century Literacy have just published 'Using film in schools: a practical guide', a free 50-page downloadable PDF mostly written by fellow ADE, Tom Barrance.
You can download from here : www.mediaedwales.org.uk/usingfilm
Video shows Emily Gobeille & Theo Watson with their prototype interactive puppet that uses the Xbox Kinect with the libFreenect Kinect drivers and ofxKinect running on a Mac.
OpenFrameworks Forum : http://www.openframeworks.cc/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24948
Drivers are available here : OpenKinect
Link to : original Vimeo Page
Comet Hartley 2 is visited by the EPOXI mission and reveals that it seems to be different than the other comets that have been visited by space craft.
Relevant DLF Show : "Space, The Solar System & Beyond" travelling 3D show
NASA Links :
Solar System : http://solarsystem.nasa.gov
EPOXI Mission : http://www.nasa.gov/epoxi
3D Viewer of Solar System : http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/eyes/player/
More Resources : Space Resources & Links
Relevant Show : "Maxwell's Rainbow" 3D travelling show
Other Resources : James Clerk Maxwell Electromagnetic Resources & Links
The Digital Learning Foundation is a registered Educational Charity, SC036588 and a Non-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee, SC282280.
The DLF is dedicated to assisting educators and students adopt new technologies and integrate them into everyday teaching and learning, while inspiring, motivating and making it fun!
Recent blog posts
- Cloud Chamber Particles
- The Particle at the End of the Universe : Sean Carroll
- Demystifying Mass : Sean Carroll
- Making Maths Education Relevant : Conrad Wolfram
- The Beauty Of A Second : Competition
- Feet CT Scan Present3D Volume Render
- Preview : The Story of Electricity : BBC
- New Messenger Data From Mercury
- Prof John Ellis Interview
- drawing (on) riverside : the process
- Stitching a drone’s view of the world into 3D maps as it flies
- Menopause reversal restores periods and produces fertile eggs
- First superatom molecules pave way for new breed of electronics
- Boozy primates seek out nectar with the highest alcohol content
- UK’s £1 billion cut to carbon storage could cost £30 billion
- Diseases that run in families not all down to genes, study shows
- Fungus a possible precursor of severe respiratory diseases in pigs
- Opened up new channels for antibacterial therapies to combat respiratory infections
- Thinking inside the box -- How our brain puts the world in order
- New sun cream compound offers unprecedented protection against UVA radiation
- Breastfeeding alters maternal metabolism and protects against diabetes
- Female birds call the shots in divorce
- Single camera can capture high quality facial performance
- Adaptive rendering method reduces discolored pixels in photo-realistic images
- New method reconstructs highly detailed 3-D eyes from a single photograph