3D : Bring them back ALIVE!
This new 3D show takes audience involvement even further, by using voting pads to make decisions that determine what happens next. BTBA is a Biomedical show that explains how the body works by using both real medical 3D data and simplified 3D models. The show raises a number of ethical issues that are then discussed in the follow on debate. Multi-media presentations on the topic "What it means to be HUMAN" are then submitted for a digital media competition.
Target P7 - S1.
Time : Double Period + competition
More details soon.
We have 20 free days to allocate on a first come basis!
If you are interested in BTBA, and are a school located in Scotland, then please contact us as soon as possible!
Medical and technology advances will soon challenge the definition of what it means to be human, are we ready to make informed decisions?
What The Future Holds :
Prosthetics Now :
The Future of Surgery :
Growing Organs and Regeneration :
Fighting Cancer :
The Brain :
Lifestyle And Health :
Synthetic Life :
Modelling Life With Medical Animation :
What Does It Mean To Be Human?
The Digital Learning Foundation is a registered Educational Charity, SC036588 and a Non-Profit Company Limited by Guarantee, SC282280.
The DLF is dedicated to assisting educators and students adopt new technologies and integrate them into everyday teaching and learning, while inspiring, motivating and making it fun!
Recent blog posts
- Cloud Chamber Particles
- The Particle at the End of the Universe : Sean Carroll
- Demystifying Mass : Sean Carroll
- Making Maths Education Relevant : Conrad Wolfram
- The Beauty Of A Second : Competition
- Feet CT Scan Present3D Volume Render
- Preview : The Story of Electricity : BBC
- New Messenger Data From Mercury
- Prof John Ellis Interview
- drawing (on) riverside : the process
- Stitching a drone’s view of the world into 3D maps as it flies
- Menopause reversal restores periods and produces fertile eggs
- First superatom molecules pave way for new breed of electronics
- Boozy primates seek out nectar with the highest alcohol content
- UK’s £1 billion cut to carbon storage could cost £30 billion
- Diseases that run in families not all down to genes, study shows
- Fungus a possible precursor of severe respiratory diseases in pigs
- Opened up new channels for antibacterial therapies to combat respiratory infections
- Thinking inside the box -- How our brain puts the world in order
- New sun cream compound offers unprecedented protection against UVA radiation
- Breastfeeding alters maternal metabolism and protects against diabetes
- Female birds call the shots in divorce
- Single camera can capture high quality facial performance
- Adaptive rendering method reduces discolored pixels in photo-realistic images
- New method reconstructs highly detailed 3-D eyes from a single photograph